See this...this is me.
This is me one year ago. I was single and I was pretty happy with life.
This is me a few months later. I'm still single, and I'm still pretty happy.
This is me just last month, on the day I left my single status.

Yip. Pretty darn happy.
And this is me today.

It may be a crappy photo, but I'm still just as happy as I was in that first photo.
Case in point? Marriage doesn't make you happy. Whatever amount of happiness you take with you to the marriage alter is the same amount of happiness you have after you get married.
The interesting thing though? My life suddenly has much more depth than it EVER did, and I LOVE it. But happiness is an internal choice and external influences will never effect that choice.
Well, that's all for now. Be happy!
well said and amen! i have to renew this choice on a regular basis because sometimes it is easy to choose to be sad.... or maybe we dont realize we are choosing that sometimes until we are wondering why we feel the way we feel.
ReplyDeleteThat is so true and it carries over into every part and every stage of our lives.
ReplyDeleteAmen to that Stephanie! I too have to remind myself at times that it is a choice when I start to get the blues.
ReplyDelete