Saturday, January 9, 2010

Cosmeticize


Today's word of the day was so funny I just had to comment about it. Are you ready for this one? The word of the day is ....


\kahz-MET-uh-syze\
verb
: to make (something unpleasant or ugly) superficially attractive


Wow. I could use that word a lot now that I know it. The thing is, even though I use cosmetics every day I would never use the term cosmeticize. Why? Because the definition defines it as making something attractive that's unpleasant or ugly. I don't believe anybody is ugly. I believe wearing makeup enhances the natural beauty you already have.

Excuse me now...I must go and cosmeticize.... or not.

1 comment:

  1. It could also refer to a cake that has fallen in the middle, or planting flowers around a corrugated metal shed. It's not just about people, it's about making the world a prettier place.

    ReplyDelete