I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died
Chorus:
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me enough to die for me
Oh, it is wonderful
Wonderful to me
I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine
That he should extend his great love unto such as I
Sufficient to own, to redeem and to justify
(Repeat chorus)
I think of his hands, pierced and bleeding to pay my debt
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet
I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me
Secure in the promise of life in his victory
Thus ransomed from death I will live to my Savior's praise
And sing of his goodness and mercy through endless days
I really don't like to get gifts at church on Mother's Day. It often seems more like a reminder of what I'm not than a gift of appreciation. Last year, however, our ward passed out this picture to all of the women as a Mother's Day gift:
It serves as a reminder to me that even though I may not ever have the things I desire in this life I can have everything I ever wanted and more than I can even imagine because of the atonement of Jesus Christ. It is so easy to lose an eternal perspective. The best Chrismas present ever was my Father in Heaven sending a sweet babe born in Bethlehem over 2,000 years ago. The best Easter present ever was a Savior who chose to take upon himself my sins and suffer death and be risen from the dead on the third day. The best birthday present ever happened 30 years ago when I had the marvelous opportunity to be born into mortality and experience the tests and trials that will enable me to become refined and to return to live with Him. It is so easy to be blinded by everything else that goes on in this world, but truly this all that really matters.

You. are. amazing. Thank you for this post - you are incredible!
ReplyDeleteAww, thanks Laura!
ReplyDelete