Monday, April 23, 2012

I'm an old lady now

Well, it happened: I turned 30.  I have had a lot of mixed feelings about this because 30 is one of the ages where there is a decline in fertility.  Also since I haven't started my new job yet I have had a lot of time to sit and reflect upon this.  I have had a break this past year from the sadness of infertility but lately it's really been festering to the surface again.  It's so hard when your heart tells you that you're supposed to be doing something that your body cannot do.  And it's even harder when it seems as though everybody else can have this but you can't.  We are still waiting on our licensor for foster care which also has been adding to my distress.  But I have been through these challenges before and I am really trying to handle them better the second time around.  So suffice it to say that I am going through a stretch of waiting.  Waiting for my new job to start, waiting for our family to progress in one way or another, and trying to wait patiently which is really hard sometimes.

On another positive note I had a GREAT birthday party.  I told Russ that I really wanted a party for my 30th so my mother-in-law hosted it (which was so sweet) and Russ got people to come!  It was really nice.  We just visited, played Cranium, and ate snacks, which was the perfect type of gathering for me.  One day when we have a house I want to host regular game nights because I think they are so much fun!  Russ took a couple of pictures and they are not the greatest pictures of myself but I am not too embarrassed to put them on here.



3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Annajean! Those pictures are cute I am glad you had a fun party.
    You are a strong lady and I know the next 30 years have much in store for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I'm glad you have a hubby who threw you a party. Looks like you had fun! I'm with Andrea - you are a strong woman and there are great things in store for you. It might seem like everyone is getting what they want, but often it's just the opposite. There are those that aren't even married - something you DO have! It's so hard to understand God's plan for us sometimes. But you ARE a cherished daughter of His and He has something great in mind for you! I just know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my Cousin. I just wanted you to know I AM here, you are not alone. And I'm thinking of you. You are in my prayers Anna Jean. Haven't seen you in years. Tell me about Washington? :-) Thanks for your example.

    ReplyDelete